My best science report – Adam Haidar **Enjoy It**

Hi, world! HMSAdam here and this post is about my best science report about the Moli Bolus. Enjoy!

Moli Bolus Report                                        

Ⅰ. Investigative Question – What can we learn about the Moli’s eating habits by dissecting its bolus?

Ⅱ. Hypothesis – If I dissect a Moli Bolus, then I think I will find 60% dirt, 20% twigs, 15% rocks, and 5% other because these items look like food to a Moli.

Ⅲ. Method (Procedure) – List of Materials: Paper, the bolus, and fork. 1. Open the paper. 2. Examine what there is. 3. Classify it according to what kinds of things there are. Ex. I did natural and unnatural. 4. Examine manmade section. 5. Separate chunky plastic from filaments plastic. 6. From plastic pile pull out all the filaments plastics (Fishing line). 7. Examine the natural stuff. 8. Separate out sea stuff from land stuff. 9. Separate out all the crustaceans bits. 10. Take out fish bones. 11. Take out beaks. 12. Separate out all the fine particles of dirt, twigs, and stones. 13. Wash your hands.

Ⅳ. Conclusion – My findings did support my hypothesis. In my hypothesis, I thought there will be a bit more rocks and a bit fewer twigs, but other than that everything was close to accurate. I thought there will be a lot of dirt because that is one of the easiest things to find and it can look like food to a Moli. I am really surprised to find a lot of plastic because the Moli are found in places where there is less human interaction than usual. I found only one or two squid beaks, but other than that it is just pure trash.

Ⅴ. Connection to the real world –  The Moli is an endangered species in Hawaii and we should help them so they can reproduce quickly and will die slower. Most of the Moli are dying from what they eat. The Moli hunt for squid and fish eggs, but they eat other bad stuff like plastic and/or dirt. That can kill Moli’s. We can help by not littering and picking up trash anywhere. The more we do that the less the Moli will die.

See the source image

via Bing All Creative Commons

I hope you all enjoyed and I will see you next time! What was your best science report?